Friday, December 3, 2010

sick and tired

My body has been hit this last month with one thing or another. Nothing of course to serious but the constant hits of this and that have caused my body and my mind to grow weary. Often when this happens I find myself singing lines from all those great power hymns...you know like"I am weak but thou art strong..."and"Precious Lord, take my hand Lead me on, let me stand.I'm tired, I’m weak, I’m lone...". Tonight another one of those great hymns came to mind"."O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer." To often I allow myself to feel that all my sniffles, sneezes and aches and pains aren't worth praying for. I tend to always want to concentrate on the "big ones"...my spiritual walk, safety, finances, my family...and that's where it hits me. My health and the way I am feeling has such an impact on those who are closest to me...my family. Fortunately for him, my husband often gets to escape my...um...mood but my children do not yet have the means in which to do so. They are stuck with grumpy old Mom all day. It is almost comical to see the looks of relief on their faces when Daddy walks through the door...comical now...not so much then. Although not always grateful at the time I am fortunate to have a husband who will often point out when my "mood" has gone sour...in the most loving way possible of course;) He loves me enough to not let me sit in my own self pity and often pulls me out of it with his incredible strength and encouraging words. But lately even with knowing this I have not been able to gather the strength I need to pull myself out of this dark place. My energy has been drained and my patience has run out...and so I pray
Lord, I am tired, I am weak, I am worn. Lord I pray for the strength only you can provide. Lord please mend what is broken and heal what is sick. I pray that my spirits be lifted. Lord I am grateful for the patience and understanding of my family. I pray that you would also heal their wounds as I have not shown them the love that they have deserved and I am fearful that I have hurt them much deeper then I can repair on my own. Lord I thank you for your forgiveness and your unconditional love. I thank you for caring about all that I am and for helping me to become all that you want me to be. I love you Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment