Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Lasting Friendship

Tonight as I was listening to the sound of my children playing and laughing in the other room I started to think about the growing friendship that has been developing between them since the moment we brought Annah home. Like any brother and sister relationship it is not without a few arguments and minor meltdowns but at the end of the day they still look to each other when they are in need of a friend. I started to think about all the adventures and misadventures they will go on together. All the secrets they will keep from me to save the other. I guess really, I just started to think about my own friendships that I have developed with all of my sisters over the years. In knowing how much of a blessing they have been in my life it makes me all the happier to see my children together. For better or for worse they will always carry a special bond. I'm sure in a few years I will wonder where that bond has gone but I guess I will have to remind myself of a time where the beautiful bond that I now have with my wonderful sisters once looked well...a little ugly. For right now though, I am just enjoying every little giggle that is shared between two very special little friends...Jonah and Annah

No comments:

Post a Comment