Monday, January 31, 2011

a new venture

 With the loving encouragement of my dearest friend I have decided to take a hobby and try to transform it into a business. I have over the last several years spent time collecting, salvaging, rescuing and re-purposing many unwanted items from all sorts of places. A cupboard door from a burn pile, a free barn door from a roadside sale, old windows leftover from a renovation...all taken and infused with new life...new purpose. I love showing people the potential and the value of a piece they once thought to have no value at all. Being creative and using my hands is so important to me. Sanding, painting, and refinishing all serve as a form of therapy for me. Pouring my mind and energy into a piece is a way for me to quite all the other noise in my life.
The decision to take this next step has not been without a lot of prayer and a lot of thought. Time spent with my family is so very important to me and in no way am I looking to have something come in and be all consuming. So the idea is to start small. Take it a little at a time. I feel like in my life I have now reached full capacity and so I go into this realizing that if anything more is added in something will have to be taken out.  I do have to say I truly am looking forward to where this may take me. I am ready for anything...even failure.
 I feel so very blessed to have the love and support from many family and friends as I take this opportunity to try something new. I do not believe it would have been something I would have headed in to if it had not been for them.
I would so appreciate any additional prayer for myself and for my family from all who feels the desire to do so. This new venture I'm sure may bring a few new challenges for us to deal with. I hope that if there are...we are able to face them...head on...together...and of course are able to work through them all without too many battle wounds along the way;) I pray that God will continue to bless my family and will bless this new little business venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment