Saturday, January 8, 2011

just a few of my favorite things

...making time for "family time", finding ways to make my family laugh, dancing with my children...and dancing with my husband, teaching my children and seeing what they learn from it, just being home, my husbands hugs...especially after a "long" day, hearing my children call me Mama, waking up to my daughter singing in the monitor, watching my children grow closer to each other each day, hearing my children say they love me...and of course hearing it from my husband too, seeing the joy my son gets out of "caring" for and "protecting" me, nature walks with my family, playing board games with my husband...and beating him...when he "lets" me;) hearing my son tell me that I am beautiful, my very cuddly little girl, playing in the dark with my children and our trusty flashlights, seeing the comfort my son gets in knowing that God is watching over him,Young family movie night...and of course the big bowl of popcorn that comes with it, hearing my husband sing with our children, scaring away "monsters" in the middle of the night...and knowing that they trust me to protect them,  my daughters sweet...but sometimes sassy spirit, my sons never ending curiosity, our "family bed", discovering new reasons why I love my husband so much,  my children showing random acts of kindness to each other, surprising my husband...something that seems to get harder and harder to do, listening to my husband laugh, listening to my sons jokes...and laughing so hard my cheeks hurt, unexpected just because I love you gifts from my husband, hearing my daughter sing a song even if she can't say the words...yet, telling stories to my son but letting him tell the end, playing dress up with my amazingly imaginative little children, baking cookies with my little cookie monsters, watching my daughter run around with her slippers and her favorite blanket, folding little clothes, finding toys in some of the strangest places, bath time sing along, seeing how excited my children get when I come home...even if I have only been gone for an hour or two, hearing my son tell me that he wants to marry me...and his Daddy too...so he wont be lonely, date night with my husband...even if it's just at home, goodnight kisses, writing and documenting about my family and the life that we share together, learning...everyday learning something new about myself and about my family, just listening to what my children have to say...it's amazing what you can hear when you just...listen, taking time to count my many blessings and to see what God has done for my little family, and the list for me goes on and on...

No comments:

Post a Comment