Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Jonah Julius


From the first moment I felt my son moving around inside me I knew what kind of child he was going to be. I knew this because once he began moving around he never stopped. I began to think that he never slept. He was always pushing and kicking as though he was trying to find a way out and eventually he did. The first moment I saw my sweet baby boy it was one of the most surreal experiences of my life. My doctor had warned me that he may be small due to my small size during the pregnancy so when she held up my 8 pound 3 ounce 21 and half inch long baby I was somewhat taken back. This also may have been because of the head full of blond hair again a surprise due to the fact that both Joel and I have dark hair. Yes Jonah did not look at all what I had expected but he was so beautiful. From the second she laid him in my arms I had an immediate desire to nurture and protect. A desire I thanked God for since the reality is that this feeling is not as immediate to every women. Of course there were plenty of new Mom moments full of anxiety and fear but through them all God gave me the strength and wisdom I needed. I am so grateful that God hears the desperate cries for help in the middle of the night...both from me and I'm sure from my new little baby. As Jonah grew it seemed like he was doing it all at an incredible speed. I guess staying true to what I had already come to believe about him. He began speaking at 5 months, started taking steps at 6 months and by month 7 he was off and running. Jonah's first sentence at 10 months was "Open the door." Already he was ready to find what was waiting for him behind the next door. Jonahs enthusiasm for living life and determination to find out what all it has to offer has not slowed down. It is hard for me at times to keep up. I know that God has an amazing adventure planned for my son and I feel so blessed to be able to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment