Friday, November 19, 2010

Tomorrow

Today I have been thinking about the popular phrase "live your life as though it were your last". Doing the things that you have always wanted to do, saying things that you have always wanted to say...living your life as one big adventure. I know the concept of this phrase is great. I mean how wonderful to be able to live so spontaneously but the reality is no one can really live there life spending time only doing the things that they want to do. Our days are all filled with things that we just have to do...as a matter of survival. So I began thinking, if this was truly my last ordinary no thrills kind of day would I be satisfied with how I choose to live it. So often I find myself putting off simple things. Tomorrow I will take the kids for a walk, or take them to the zoo. Tomorrow I will spend more time playing with them, teaching them...tomorrow...I can do it all tomorrow. I do realize that one can only fit so much in a day but it really got me thinking of what I was starting to fill that day up with. Again back to the wasted time. Am I so certain of what tomorrow will bring that I have become careless with the time that has been brought to me today. God has promised me no set time on earth and no set time in which I will have with my children. I know it is not often the happiest thing to think about but the reality that tomorrow may not come sometimes is only truly realized from someone that has experienced such a tragedy first hand. I thank God that such a tragedy has not occurred in my life but it is something that is ever present in my mind as I watch over my children. My husband often tells me that I think of these things to often and perhaps I do. My goal is not to live my life in fear of what tomorrow brings but to learn to fill my day with all the ordinary simple pleasures I can. To spend each spare moment that I can with my family. To embrace the life I have been given and remember what a blessing it truly is. To live my life in a way that is pleasing to God so when that day does come and I have lived my last today I can hear...well done...and know that I did all that I could do...today.

No comments:

Post a Comment