Monday, November 22, 2010

man to man

While passing by the kitchen last night I spotted my husband and my son having what looked to be a very serious conversation. I decided to stay back and listen in. As I listened I heard Joel ask "Jonah...What do men do when the are being spoken to". Jonah lifted his head and replied "They look each other in the eye". In that moment I realized that while there are many lessons I could teach my son as his Mother some lessons can only truly be taught by his Father...man to man. I began to wonder what other lessons were being taught while "no one" else was around to hear. I wondered but decided not to ask. After all the lesson was never truly intended for my ears to hear...of course that doesn't mean I wont on occasion try and listen in and to watch carefully as my little boy changes into the man his Father taught him to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment