Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Annah Jewel


I remember soon after Annah was born my Dad referring to her as the calm before the storm. He said this because of the storm that happened the evening Annah was born but it soon took on another meaning for me during the next few months. Annah was such a wonderful blessing to our family. She was just what we needed...as easy as they come which was great because everything else for me seemed to get so much harder. Jonah loved his sister from the very beginning. He spent a lot of time just being near her. Although his love for her was great he struggled to find his new place in the family...his new place as the big brother. As time went on adjustments were made and Jonah once again became that happy little boy I knew. Annah unlike her older brother took her time entering into each new phase of her little life. She always seemed to be content in being wherever it was we wanted her to be. She was such a sweet little baby. But as she grew and developed her own voice it became clear that she like the rest of us has her limits. You know the saying that girls are made with sugar and spice...yes sweet and sassy...that pretty much sums up my precious little girl. I guess out of survival she had to developed some sort of defense against her big brother who sometimes forgot just how much smaller she really was. I would say now I fear more for Jonah then I do for Annah. Perhaps her personality will be much like the way she entered the world...first there is the calm and then...if pushed to far...the storm. I cannot wait to hear more of what Annah has to say and to watch her grow into the young lady that God has created her to be. My beautiful Annah Jewel...

No comments:

Post a Comment