Monday, April 11, 2011

through their eyes

 "Mom come look." "Yes I see Jonah" "No Mom come look with your eyes" "I am looking with my eyes" "No, Mom, you need to come here and look at it in the same way my eyes are looking at it."
 It is hard to imagine what the world must look like to my children. Thinking back on my own childhood I can remember how even the smallest of things became big and magical with just a bit of imagination. An old abandoned barn became my "Castle" and an apple tree become my "Neverland Hideaway". As an adult I have found myself restricted by the reality of my day. I forget how important it is for me to take time to enter the worlds my children often create for themselves. So often I neglect to find time to just put aside all the other things I need to be in my day and just play the role they choose for me...whether that is a "Cowgirl from Texas"  or the "Queen Mother of a beautiful Princess ". It is amazing to me the "magic" that happens when I just allow them to have all the creative control of whatever game they wish to play.
 I truly want "...to go as far as my child's imagination will take me..."...To just let go and see where I will land. To let go of all the burdens of my day and just let their "dreams" carry me away. To remember the freedom that can be found in letting go of your inhibitions. To see the incredible excitement shared by my children as I join in on their adventures. To see...to really see...for even a moment...what the world looks like...through their eyes....
And so I pray...
 Lord, Thank you for the moments that I get to look at the world through the eyes of my children. Thank you for their beautiful imaginations. I pray that you will continue to remind me how important it is for me to take time out of my reality and enter into a far less stressful place...one that my children have created to share with me. I love you Lord...Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment